Welcome to Adult Ministry! There are several opportunities for you to connect with others. Through Bible study, service, interest groups, there is something for everyone. Don’t see what you are looking for? Consider forming/joining a group by contacting Connections Coordinator Kim Schaeferle or Director of Faith Formation Leann Thompson.
J-Term & May Term
Join us for educational opportunities for all ages for 3 Monday nights in January or 3 Wednesday night classes in May. All classes are at 6:15 or 7:30pm, with desserts, fellowships, and hot chocolate/coffee/decaf coffee in between. Check out the upcoming classes or peruse last year’s offerings.
Click here to see class offerings for MAY 2019! (last year’s offerings)
Small group Bible studies
What a great way to make a deeper connection with other Family of Christ members in a fun and casual way! Here are a few groups that you may be interested in:
- Tuesday Women’s Bible Study meets in the church Conference Room each Tuesday at 1:30pm.
- Friday Women’s Bible Study meets in the church Conference Room each Friday at 9:30am.
- Sunday evening Women’s Bible Study for women in their 30’s and 40’s 7:00pm meets at various locations determined by the group. Contact Lisa DeLaHunt
- A Men’s Bible Study meets at the Chanhassen American Legion each Monday at 6:18am.
- Spartan’s (Men’s Group) meets every first Saturday of the month at 7:30am.
Groups to Join
- Common Thread (Group for those 55+) We meet monthly for a variety of service and fellowship activities. If you’re 55 or older, this group is a must for fun, fellowship, friendship, and food! Contact the church office or watch Family News for our next meet-up.
- Downtown Lunch Bunch – Do you work in downtown Minneapolis? Join other Family of Christ members once a month downtown for lunch and fellowship for about an hour. Contact Lance Wegner.
- Girls’ Night on the Town – Join women of all ages at different restaurants around the area for a fun night on the town! Kim Schaeferle & Leann Thompson.
- Young Adults – (20-30ish married or not, with or without kids) We try to meet monthly for all different kinds of fun and fellowship. Leann Thompson.
- Next Gen – We are a fun group of emptynesters (kids are all in college) or almost emptynesters (kids are close to being gone) who meet every other month for fun activities, service projects and great evenings out! Kim Schaeferle & Kris Spangrud.
- Lickety Splits Bowling League – This fun league bowls Saturday nights bi-weekly from Sept-April. Contact Greg & Sue Provo for information on how to join a team.
- Softball Team –Summer Co-ed league who plays against other churches in the area on Monday evenings, at Lion’s Park in Chaska. Contact Ellie & Scott Boros with questions.
- Yoga – We gather once a week on Thursday evenings to slow down, laugh together, stretch, and enjoy the practice of yoga led by certified instructor, Kim Motschenbacher.
- Yoga Dudes – We gather once a week on Monday evenings. This class is for all levels, but especially for beginners or dudes new to the yoga experience. Led by certified yoga instructor Kim Motschenbacher.
- Spartans Men’s Group – We meet on the first Saturday of the month at 7:30AM for breakfast, devotions, fellowship, and fun work projects around church. Contact Mark Spangrud or Kevin Burns.
- Run & Fun Running Group – We run on Saturday mornings (Co-ed; for adults & teens) Contact: Mark Laven.
- Other adult groups are formed upon request and meet at various times and locations.
Young Adult Mailing List
Sign up to receive care packages from our Young Adult Ministry team. Several times throughout the school year, packages are sent out that include candy, devotions, trinkets, laundry supplies, and other fun stuff. This is open to any Young Adult, not just students. Here is the link for the school year care packages.
The Southwest Grief Coalition is a coalition of churches that provides faith-based grief support and education. All who are grieving the loss of a loved one are invited to attend. This fall, Family of Christ will be hosting 7 weekly sessions will take place on Monday evenings from 5:30-7:30, Sept. 30 to Nov. 11. Click here for more information. Email Teri Burns with questions.