Summer Trips, Camps, and VBS
Musical Day Camp
*Check back in 2021*
This camp is for those who have finished 1st grade through 8th grade. Throughout the week, participants will learn and perform an entire musical, under the direction of Senior High counselors. Monday-Friday 9:00am to 2:00pm with a performance on Friday evening at 7:00pm. The cost is $80.00. Register for Musical Day Camp
Noah’s Ark Preschool VBS
This camp typically runs 3 evenings in late summer, from 5:00pm to 7:45pm. This camp is for ages 3 – 5, not yet having attended Kindergarten. In previous years, we have begun with a kid friendly meal for the whole family. After dinner, parents and siblings may leave and pick up at 7:45pm, unless you are volunteering of course. The cost is $55.00 and this covers camp, meals and a t-shirt.
Luther Crest Day Camp
The staff from Luther Crest Bible Camp in Alexandria, MN run this great week of day camp.
- For Preschoolers (age 3 and up to 5) This is a 9:00a to 11:30a program, Monday through Thursday at a cost of $75 for the week
- Kindergarten through 5th grade (those who have finished the grade). This is a 9:00a to 3:00p Monday through Thursday program at a cost of $100 for the week.
Mission Day Camp:
In previous years, we have spent Monday through Wednesday serving in the Chaska/Chanhassen/Mpls areas with a fun day at Valley Fair on Thursday. Camp typically runs mid-July from 9:00a to 3/4:00p on Monday – Thursday. Register for Mission Day Camp
- This camp is for campers who have completed 3rd through 8th grades
- The cost is $95.00 and covers all of the expenses for the different service opportunities of the week. We will also collect $28 dollars for Valley Fair on Thursday for those who are going and do not have a Valley Fair pass.
Senior High and Middle School Trips
Summer mission trips will continue in 2021:
Every three years, 30,000 high school youth and their adult leaders from across the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America gather for a week of faith formation known as the ELCA Youth Gathering. Through days spent in interactive learning, worship, Bible study, service and fellowship, young people grow in faith and are challenged and inspired to live their faith in their daily lives. Check out the latest news by clicking here.
We will announce potential 2021 trips for current 6th, 7th and young adults in late fall.
Annual El Salvador Adult Mission Trip returning 2021
(Jr/Sr in High school)
In previous years, Family of Christ youth and adults have traveled out of our comfort zones into a unique adventure of faith, learning, and self-discovery. We’ll fly to San Salvador, where we’ll be met by Salvadoran church leaders. Each day we’ll go out in microbuses to explore the treasures of El Salvador and walk alongside our Salvadoran friends. Daily activities: service, sponsorship parties, visits to historical sites, hearing testimonies, small group devotions, singing, worship, and more. Check back in late fall for 2021 updates. (11th graders – adult)
*** Please do NOT make a new payment at this time. We will collect payment once we are certain camps will go forward as planned. ***
For all trips and Camps:
- Checks and EFT (electronic check) online payments are preferred. EFT payments are available by clicking here.
- There is an extra fee for using a credit card; please contact Andie or Teri if you would like to pay by credit card. This fee needs to be paid with the final balance or before the start of camp. If you request a refund, the fee will be taken out of your refund.
- When making payments, please make sure you add the participant’s name and Camp/Trip to the memo/comments section.
Deposits in the form of a check are needed to hold your spot on a trip and are non-refundable. After transportation has been booked, you are responsible for the full amount of the trip. In some cases, substitutions can be made to recoup part of the fee; ask your trip leader for specifics.
Payment is needed to hold your spot in a camp, as some do fill up quickly. Refunds/partial refunds are available up to 2 weeks before camp start date.
Want to Chaperone a trip? Volunteer for camp?
Camp Volunteers needed as well. Please email Teri or indicate your interest on the registration form for your student.
Please do not let cost keep you from summer experiences! Let us know if we can help with cost.
Also, let us know if you would consider donating a part or entire fee to send someone to a camp/trip. Thank you for your generosity so all can participate!